Yes, we offer limited events in 4K. Customers using one of the compatible devices listed below and meeting all other requirements can access these events with their Fubo subscription.
Note: Live 4K English Premier League programming for Canadian subscribers is included with Soccer Quarterly, Soccer Annual, or Premium (Monthly, Quarterly, Annual) plans. For more on plans available with Fubo in Canada, see this article
Some events will be available as 4K, while others may also require that the display be compatible with HDR10.
While we strive to always provide the best experience possible to our customers, please note that user experiences may vary.
What events are available in 4K/HDR?
Currently, select live EPL matches, and on-demand programming from CuriosityStream is available in Canada in 4K. Go here to see an up-to-date schedule of live events available in 4K/HDR.
How do I access the 4K feed?
Look for 4K on the channel logo when browsing the Guide or Sports screen.
Compatible 4K Devices
Not an all-inclusive list, check your device manufacturer's specifications to find out if your device supports 4K/HDR.
|Amazon Fire TV1
|Android Mobile Phones with HDR10 displays1
Android TV with 4K/HDR support1
1 - Amazon Fire TV and Android devices will not stream 4K Video On Demand in 4K quality. If you watch a 4K video on-demand on one of these devices it will playback in 1080p.
What are the requirements for viewing 4K?
- You must subscribe to an eligible plan
- You must stream from one of the above compatible devices.
- Your device must have the latest version of the Fubo app.
- Your display or TV must be compatible with HDR10 (depending on the event).
- Use an HDMI 2.0/HDCP 2.2 compatible cable.
- Minimum internet speed suggested - 25+ Mb/s
On some devices, you may need to enable HDR or 4K viewing. For Apple TV, try the steps below:
- Open Settings on your Apple TV
- Select Video and Audio
- Select Enable HDR
- Then, select Try HDR
- If your picture looks correct (no color issues or distortion), select OK to save the setting
- If you notice any issues with color or distortion, choose Cancel to return to the previous settings
- Check that the above requirements are met in order to stream 4K content
For AFTMM (a specific Fire TV model), 4K streaming should work with these settings:
- From Displays and Sounds, select Display
- Then go to Dynamic Range Settings
- Change HDR Always On to "Dynamic" or "Adaptive"
- Finally, unplug the device from the HDMI cable, plug it back in, and attempt to watch 4K content
Settings for enabling HDR on other devices may vary. Check with your device manufacturer for instructions on enabling HDR content (if available).
Can I record 4K content to my Cloud DVR?
No, currently recording of 4K content is not supported.
What happens if my device or TV is not compatible?
If you access the 4K feed and all of your equipment is not compatible, you’ll see this screen.
If you experience a black screen or a similar error reading "can't play this stream" while attempting to view 4K programming, please refer to this article.