1. Update Your Browser
Before you try anything with your browser, find out which browser and version you're using by going to whatsmybrowser.org. Once you go there, make sure you have the most current version of your browser.
2. Refresh Your Browser Window
One of the first things you might want to try when video is not playing is to refresh your browser. In most browsers, there is a button that you can use to refresh, or you can press the F5 key, or CMD + R.
4. Enable Third Party Cookies
Allowing third-party cookies in your browser will allow video playback with our content protection features.
- Open Chrome Settings, then Advanced
- Under Privacy and Security, click on Content Settings
- Click on Cookies
- Make sure Allow sites to save and read cookie data is enabled
- Make sure Block third-party cookies is not enabled
- Go to Preferences in the drop-down menu
- Click Privacy in the top panel
- Under Block Cookies, select the option Never
5. Clear Your Cache & Cookies
Cookies are files created by websites you’ve visited. Your browser’s cache is a place reserved for storing specific information about the sites you've visited. Both your cache and cookies make browsing and loading pages faster and easier.
Sometimes these require resetting and clearing to force your browser to get up-to-date information about the sites you visit. Follow this link to get a helpful step-by-step demo on how to clear your browser cache and cookies.
- Click the three-dot menu in the upper-right of Chrome
- Select History
- In the pop-out menu, select History again
- Select Clear Browsing Data
- Select Clear Data
- Microsoft Edge
- Click the three-dot menu in the upper-right
- Select Settings
- Choose Privacy and services
- Under Clear browsing data, click Choose what to clear
- Choose the time range and types of data you want to clear
- Click Clear now
- Click the Library button
- Click History
- Click Clear Recent History
- Choose Everything from the drop-down menu
- Select Cache in the items list
- Click OK
- Click the Safari drop-down menu, then select Preferences
- Click the Advanced tab, then select Show Develop menu in menu bar
- Select the Develop drop-down menu
- Click Empty cache