Yes, we offer limited events in 4K. Customers using one of the compatible devices listed below and meeting all other requirements can access these events with their fuboTV subscription.
Note: 4K programming is available for US subscribers with the Elite, Premier and Ultimate plans. For more on plans available with FuboTV, see this article.
Some events will be available as 4K, while others may also require that the display be compatible with HDR10.
While we strive to always provide the best experience possible to our customers, please note that user experiences may vary.
What events are available in 4K/HDR?
Go here to see an up-to-date schedule of national events available in 4K/HDR.
How do I access the 4K feed?
Look for 4K on the channel logo when browsing the Guide or Sports screen.
Do you have any 4K video on-demand?
Yes, we now have select content in 4K available on-demand. Currently, this content can be found by searching for "4K" in the fuboTV app.
Compatible 4K Devices
Not an all-inclusive list. Please check your device manufacturer's specifications to determine if your device supports 4K/HDR streaming.
|Amazon Fire TV1||
|Android Mobile Phones with HDR10 displays1||
Android TV with 4K/HDR support1
|Samsung Smart TV||
|Vizio SmartCast TV||
1 - Amazon Fire TV and Android devices will not stream 4K Video On Demand in 4K quality. If you watch a 4K video on-demand on one of these devices it will playback in 1080p.
2 - For customers that receive NBC Sports Chicago in 4K, please note that at this time, Xbox consoles are not compatible with this channel for 4K programming. We hope to have this available at a future date, but until that time, please choose a different device from the list above to view available 4K programming on the channel.
What are the requirements for viewing 4K?
- You must stream from one of the above compatible devices.
- Your device must have the latest version of the fuboTV app.
- Your display or TV must be compatible with HDR10 (depending on the event).
- Use an HDMI 2.0/HDCP 2.2 compatible cable.
- Minimum internet speed suggested - 25+ Mb/s
On some devices, you may need to enable HDR or 4K viewing. For Apple TV, try the steps below:
- Open Settings on your Apple TV
- Select Video and Audio
- Select Enable HDR
- Then, select Try HDR
- If your picture looks correct (no color issues or distortion), select OK to save the setting
- If you notice any issues with color or distortion, choose Cancel to return to the previous settings
- Check that the above requirements are met in order to stream 4K content
For AFTMM (a specific Fire TV model), 4K streaming should work with these settings:
- From Displays and Sounds, select Display
- Then go to Dynamic Range Settings
- Change HDR Always On to Dynamic
- Finally, unplug the device from the HDMI cable, plug it back in, and attempt to watch 4K content
Settings for enabling HDR on other devices may vary. Check with your device manufacturer for instructions on enabling HDR content (if available).
Can I record 4K content to my Cloud DVR?
No, currently recording of 4K content is not supported.
What happens if my device or TV is not compatible?
If you access the 4K feed and all of your equipment is not compatible, you’ll see this screen.