If you are receiving a message that your card has been declined or rejected while signing up or attempting to update your card on file, a number of potential causes exist.
The most common reasons include:
Using a prepaid or loadable debit card
- At this time, we do not accept prepaid cards
- Loadable cards not linked to a checking account are also considered prepaid cards by our payment processor
- We currently accept credit and debit cards from Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express
- In order to sign up for fuboTV or update your card on file, our systems will make a temporary authorization of $1 to ensure the account is active and funds are available
- This temporary authorization is refunded immediately
- If there is less than $1 available in the account linked to your card when this authorization is attempted, you will receive a decline message
Blocked for security reasons
- There could be a block placed on your card, contact your bank or financial institution for more information
What can I do if my card is declined or rejected?
If you are a new customer receiving a declined message during signup, please try using a different card, or contact your financial institution to determine why your card is being declined.
If you are an existing customer attempting to update your card on file, or a former customer attempting to restart your account, and you believe your card is being declined or rejected in error, please contact us using the links available at the bottom of this page, and we can investigate the matter.