If you are receiving a message that your card has been declined or rejected while signing up or attempting to update your card on file, a number of potential causes exist.
The most common reasons include:
Using a prepaid or loadable debit card
- At this time, we do not accept prepaid cards
- Loadable cards not linked to a checking account are also considered prepaid cards by our payment processor
- We currently accept credit and debit cards from Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express
- In order to sign up for fuboTV or update your card on file, our systems will make a temporary authorization of $1 to ensure the account is active and funds are available
- This temporary authorization is refunded immediately
- If there is less than $1 available in the account linked to your card when this authorization is attempted, you will receive a decline message
Blocked for security reasons
- There could be a block placed on your card, contact your bank or financial institution for more information
What can I do if my card is declined or rejected?
If you are a new customer receiving a declined message during signup, please try using a different card, or contact your financial institution to determine why your card is being declined.
If you are an existing customer attempting to update your card on file, or a former customer attempting to restart your account, and you believe your card is being declined or rejected in error, please contact us and we can investigate the matter.